Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Alice in Wikiland
This article says that collaborative writing and wikis in particular have important implications for first year composition classes. While I agree that wikis can completely change composition classes, I don't think that composition classes will be adopting wikis anytime soon. Keeping track of who did what work would be far too complicated. I also don't think that the idea of students using pseudonyms so that the teacher doesn't seem so authoritative would work - students will tell each other what their pseudonyms are. So while wikis and composition classes seem to be an interesting concept, I don't think it's going to go anywhere for a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hi tracie,
ReplyDeletethanks for posting your thoughts on the 4 articles we discussed in class. very insightful responses!! =)
we missed your thoughts for the last online article though. nevertheless, it was great reading all your posts this semester. have a nice weekend!
Dr. B